Valentine’s Day is here and I want to remind each of you to celebrate your relationships and yourselves.
Without self-love and self-care, no one else in your life can truly experience the potential of your heart. Before someone else can love you, you need to love yourself!
Here are some tips on creating healthy and successful relationships in your personal life and business relationships.
- Honor and know your value - Everyone has something to contribute and everyone is valuable.
- Take time out to care for yourself and others. Safety in communication is vital to a long-lasting relationship.
- Express your needs and feelings honestly. Find your voice… and communicate with respect and caring… Be honest about your feelings – it's okay to have different opinions, that’s what makes relationships stimulating. However, it’s important to be open and honest with each other.
- Create healthy boundaries, “This is ok and this is not”
- Love yourself enough to ask for what you want. For intimate partners remember that intimacy starts in the mind. Create the environment and love that is vital to both of you.
- For couples, never go to sleep angry… Do not let the needed but incomplete communications be pushed off... Otherwise, they will build up and create a wall between you.
- In a conflict remember that this person is in your life for a reason. Never blame or shame the other when conflict happens. Instead, go to a place in your heart where you can share why you feel upset and the associated feelings.
- When your partner or business relationship is speaking, look into their eyes and truly listen to the words being spoken without interruptions. That my friends is truly a gift of love. To be heard..really heard! This is so important.
- Respond to the words that your partner is communicating without reacting ..pause take a breath and respond with care.
- A great way to communicate around sensitive topics that may trigger each other is to write to one another. This allows you to process what your partner is saying without the emotion in your voice. Once your partner has read what you wrote, ask him or her to write a response back conveying their feelings… This is how safety in communication is developed.
- Make keeping the flame alive a priority. Create fun dates.. dancing, laughter and intimacy… You can create magic if you truly want and desire it.
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to focus on the special relationships in your life, while also recognizing and celebrating yourself.
We are all busy with our lives, and other priorities can often seem more important than our relationships. But in the end, honest, caring, and loving relationships are what is most important in life. Do not put off creating the relationships you deserve, today and every day.
Wishing you the best on the day we celebrate this magic we call love,
Your Life Coach, Gail